Dr. Liotta is board certified in Facial Plastic & Reconstructive surgery as well as in Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, and she a member of the New York Head and Neck Institute and the New York Facial Plastic Surgery Society. She completed an advanced training fellowship in Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at Lenox Hill Hospital following Otolaryngology, Head and Neck residency at New York Presbyterian Hospital – Columbia and Cornell Campuses.
Dr. Liotta’s expertise includes cosmetic and reconstructive facial plastic surgery, facial nerve paralysis rehabilitative surgery, facial trauma, and general otolaryngology, head and neck surgery. She has also written and illustrated a number of scientific papers and book chapters on surgical technique, treatment of facial trauma, large scar revision, and surgical treatment of pediatric velopharyngeal insufficiency. Dr. Liotta regularly volunteers her time on medical missions abroad to benefit pediatric patients born with cleft lip, cleft palate, and nasal deformities.
- Primary and Revision Cosmetic Rhinoplasty
- Functional Rhinoplasty
- Facial Trauma
- Facial Reconstructive Surgery
- Facial Nerve Paralysis Rehabilitative Surgery
- Scar Revision
- Lip Augmentation
- Facial Fillers
- Botox and Dysport
Education and Publications:
Medical School Education:
- MD – Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Otolaryngology Head & Neck Surgery – New York Presbyterian Hospital, Columbia – Cornell
- Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery – Lenox Hill Hospital
- Facial Plastic Surgery – American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive surgery
- Otolaryngology – American Board of Otolaryngology
Awards and Professional Recognition:
- New York-Presbyterian – Columbia and Morgan Stanley Children’s Hospital New York Employee Recognition Award July 2010
- New York Presbyterian Hospital, Columbia, Cornell Research Competition First Place Winner 2010
- Summa Cum Laude Dartmouth College
- American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
- American Medical Association
- American Medical Women’s Association
- Peer Journal Reviewer, Facial Plastic Surgery
- Peer Journal Reviewer, Skull Base
- Three-Dimensional imaging in surgical and non-surgical facial rejuvenation
- Facial Paralysis Rehabilitation
- Liotta D, Costantino P, Hiltzik D. Revising Large Scars. Facial Plastic Surgery2012; in press.
- Liotta D, Kacker A, Schwartz TH, Anand VK. Endoscopic management of juvenile nasopharyngeal angiofibromas. Operative Techniques in Otolaryngology 2011; 22:281-284. (Both text and illustrations)
- Liotta D, Barmettler A, Lelli G J., Kacker A. Encyclopedia of Neuropothalmology. Springer. Le Fort Fractures. (Both text and illustrations)
- Liotta D, Lelli GJ., Kacker A. Encyclopedia of Neuropothalmology. Springer. Guerin (Maxillary) Fractures. (Both text and illustrations)
- Liotta D, Lelli GJ., Kacker A. Encyclopedia of Neuropothalmology. Springer. Naso-orbital-ethmoid Fractures. (Both text and illustrations)
- Liotta D, Levine B, Lelli GJ, Kacker A. Encyclopedia of Neuropothalmology. Springer. Zygomatic Maxillary Complex (Tripod) Fractures. (Both text and illustrations)
- Reisacher W, Liotta D, Yazdi S, Putnam D. Desensitizing Mice to Ovalbumin through Subcutaneous Microsphere Immunotherapy (SMITH). Allergy & Rhinology 2011 Sep-Oct;1(5):390-5.
- Reisacher W, Liotta D. The Use of PLGA microspheres in the treatment of allergic disease. Current Opinion in Otolaryngology and Head & Neck Surgery 2011; 19:188-192.
- Stewart MG, Liotta DR. Is partial tonsillcectomy equivalent to total tonsillectomy for obstructive sleep symptoms? Laryngoscope 2011;121:6-7.
- Liotta D, Modi V, Lehman J, Ward RF. Simultaneous intracapsular tonsillectomy and surgery for correction of velopharyngeal insufficency. Accepted for presentation at the Society of Ear Nose and Throat Advances in Children. Cincinnati, Ohio. December 2010.
- Liotta D, Voigt E (2009). Partial Intracapsular Tonsillectomy for Sleep Disordered Breathing in Adults. Poster Presented at the Combined Otolaryngology Spring Meeting, Phoenix, AZ. (Triologic Society Poster #17)
- Kirschenbaum A, Liotta DR., Yao S, et al. Immunohistochemical localization of cyclooxygenase-1 and cyclooxygenase-2 in the human fetal and adult male reproductive tracts. The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism2000;85(9): 3436-3441.